FordFusionClub.com banner

Tip on removing protection resin

9K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  LATINfusion 
#1 ·
I don't know if it's applicable to all Fusion owners or all the countries that it's sold. If not, please move to Maintenance & Care section or simply delete it. Here it goes:

All Fusion that comes to Brazil are covered with a kind of resin (looks like glue) on the chrome parts, the wheels and the "Fusion" and "SEL" logos. This is meant to be a protection against scratches during the trip from Mexico to Brazil.

In my case the dealer didn't remove this resin completely and after 1K miles or so these parts became very dirt as the resin acts like a dust magnet.

I tried a lot of things to remove this resin (car wash shampoo, quick detailer, car wax, Meguiar's scratch X), but all unsuccesfully.

Then I found a solution, and it was easier than I thought: ALCOHOL! Not the gel type, but the liquid one. It quickly dissolves the resin completely. Of course, you should wash and wax these parts afterwards.

That's it! I don't have any pictures about this case, but if I find any other Fusion with this problem, I'll post it here.

See less See more
#2 ·
thanks a lot man!! I have own my fusion for almost a year, and today is the day I´m reading this tip... I still got that resin sticked in the wheels... I´m from Venezuela, so you are my neighbor... Thanks again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.