FordFusionClub.com banner

Five Hundred test

11K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  UnderEstimated 
#1 ·
Well, I'm still waiting for the Ford body shop to finish up some factory paint issues that are covered under warranty on my Fusion. Brian, who is the head of the body shop and I've gotten to know him pretty well over the last couple months, gave me a loaner Five Hundred to drive around while they are working on it. I have to say this is a nice, smooth driving vehicle. Really, it's nothing special to look at, it's outfitted with leather interior and all the extras, but it does have a luxury feel ride to it. Does anyone have one of these and if so, what do you think about it? I like getting different cars for rentals and giving them a go. Over the past couple months, I've had a GMC Envoy, a Five Hundred and a Chevy Malibu.

#2 ·
I enjoy getting in rentals too. It's much better than test driving a car at the dealer since you can drive it under your own terms and actually put more than 2-3 miles on it.

I've driven a 2006 Five Hundred Limited FWD and it was nice and comfortable. It had a very smooth ride, but didn't feel like I was driving a smooth and floaty Lincoln Town Car. ;) I was pretty amazed by the leg room up front and of course it had plenty of room in the back as well. My only complaint was that it felt underpowered. The Duratec only put out 203HP and that's a lot of car to move. But, it got the job done.

Now that it's renamed as the Taurus, it looks even better. I haven't got the chance to drive one, but I will if I get the opportunity.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.